If you're looking to live stream from your smartphone or tablet, these are our top recommendations for 2023
One-time ($299): Roland VRC-01 Aerocaster Wireless Livestreaming system
The AeroCaster system
is an advanced and highly versatile audio and video switching system that is effortless to set up. With minimal effort, you can quickly stream content from multiple cameras, along with high-quality audio, to popular platforms like YouTube, Facebook, Twitch, and even custom RTMP channels through either Wi-Fi or 4G/5G cellular networks.
The AeroCaster system is comprised of three components: the AeroCaster LIVE app for iPad, the AeroCaster VRC-01 hardware control surface and audio interface, and the AeroCaster Camera app for iOS and Android mobile devices. It also supports screen sharing from personal computers and mobile devices.
High budget ($49 and more per month): Switcher Studio
is a video production software that allows users to create live and pre-recorded video content using multiple cameras from iDevices (iPhone, iPod touch, iPad) or desktop screen (with the free Switcher Cast application for MacOS). It's designed for video professionals and content creators who want to create high-quality video content with minimal equipment.
The software allows users to switch between multiple camera angles, and to add text, graphics, and other elements to the video in real-time. It also allows users to live stream their videos to platforms such as YouTube, Facebook, Twitch and custom RTMP , and to record the videos for later use.
Switcher Studio provides a simple, user-friendly interface and allows users to connect multiple devices such as smartphones, tablets, and cameras to create a professional-looking multi-camera production. It also includes features such as green screen, chroma key, picture-in-picture and both composition and source recording for postproduction.
The software is available for iOS and iPadOS. It's a great solution for small businesses, musicians and DJs, churches, schools, and other organizations who want to create high-quality video content on a budget, and for content creators who are looking for a more professional and versatile way to live stream and record videos.
Small budget ($1.99 per month): NabiApp Live Now
is an Android and iOS app to livestream your smartphone camera or screen.
The app allows for streaming to over 30 platforms, including YouTube, Twitch, Facebook, Telegram and custom RTMP for others, with resolutions up to 1080p. Users can also add overlays, lower thirds, logo watermarks, and full-screen images to their streams."
Which free app should I use if I only want to stream to a single social network ?
- Facebook Live: Facebook Live allows users to stream live video directly from their Facebook account. It's integrated into the Facebook platform, which makes it easy for users to share their live streams with their friends and followers.
- YouTube Live: YouTube Live is a live streaming service offered by YouTube. It allows users to stream live video to their YouTube channel and interact with viewers in real-time.
- Instagram Live: Instagram Live is a live streaming feature built into the Instagram app. It allows users to share live video with their followers and interact with them in real-time.
- Twitter Live: Twitter Live is a live streaming feature built into the Twitter app. It allows users to share live video with their followers and interact with them in real-time.
- Twitch: Twitch is a live streaming platform primarily focused on gaming, but also popular for streaming other content such as music, talk shows, and more.
- TikTok Live: TikTok Live is a live streaming feature built into the TikTok app. It allows users to share live video with their followers and interact with them in real-time.
- LinkedIn Live: LinkedIn Live is a live streaming feature built into the LinkedIn app, it allow users to share live video with their professional network and interact with them in real-time.